Berkeley’s Center for Independent Living (CIL) is hosting a workshop on Safety and Self-Defense for seniors and people with disabilities. Participants will be taught how to:
- Assess situations and respond quickly
- Project awareness and confidence
- Stop unwanted attention
- Use voice as a safety tool
- Deal effectively with verbal aggression
- Get help – and persist until you get it
The workshop will be held Wednesday, November 6, from 2:00 – 4:00 pm at the Ed Roberts Campus, located above the Ashby BART station. For more information or to RSVP contact Anna Ott at (510) 841-4776 or [email protected]. Accommodations will be provided if CIL is given three business days advance notice.