Everyone is talking about “green jobs”. But what is a green job really? What training and education is required? How does one access these jobs? Finding the answers to these questions can be a daunting task, especially for individuals who have a disability.
Now there is a guide designed to direct people with disabilities to the information and resources they need to pursue green jobs. It addresses key questions including:
• The emerging green economy
• Job assistance services for people with disabilities
• Requesting reasonable accommodation on the job, or in training and education settings
• Obtaining certification in critical green skills
• Useful resources on green job training and employment
You can find the guide here. The link will open a PDF document.