This class is ideal for those with no work experience or significant gaps in employment history and are seeking entry-level employment. Most Transition Partnership Program (TPP) students will be right at home in this class.
Quick Class Facts
- 3 months long
- New classes start every month
- Classes held Monday to Thursdays mornings
- See class calendar for exact class times & start dates. Please contact us for help.
- Computer Essentials is a pre-requisite
PRO is a three month modularized training program.
- Receptionist & Phone Etiquette: Attitude in the work place, professional communication, message taking
- Customer Service: Professionally managing customers and problem solving; utilizing common resources in situations which call for troubleshooting
- Microsoft PowerPoint: Students create & present original slide shows
- Office Machines: Copiers, fax machines and scanners
- Clerical Tasks: Cash handling, filing, mailing, data entry
- Microsoft Word: Creating Documents including Fax/Memo templates
Counter Service Module
- Positive Customer Service: Cashiering, food handling & safety certification
- Workplace Problem Solving: How to prioritize duties, understand & implement protocol, conflict resolution
- Point of Sales Machine, counting change, cash handling
All modules include
- Computer Skills, Microsoft Windows, Touch Typing
- Internet Search Engines, E-mail, E-mail Etiquette & Attachments
- Business Grammar & Math
- Applications, Tax Forms, Budgeting Forms
- Resume, Cover Letters, References, Interviewing Practice