This class is ideal for those with no work experience or significant gaps in employment history and are seeking entry-level employment. Most Transition Partnership Program (TPP) students will be right at home in this class.
Quick Class Facts
- New classes start every month
- 3 months long – Monday – Thursday 2pm – 5pm
- See class calendar for exact class times & start dates
- Computer Skills Bootcamp is a pre-requisite
PRO graduates are suited to a wide variety of entry-level jobs such as customer service, administrative roles and retail sales positions such as: cashier, office clerk, receptionist and telephone & customer service representative. More information about these careers are available by their Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) Codes; 43-6014, 43-4051, 43-9061, 41-2011, 35-3021, 43-5081, 41-4011, 41-4012.00, 43-9051.
PRO is a three-month modularized training program.
- Receptionist & Phone Etiquette: Attitude in the workplace, professional communication, message taking
- Customer Service: Professionally managing customers and problem-solving; utilizing common resources in situations which call for troubleshooting
- Microsoft PowerPoint: Students create & present original slideshows
- Office Machines: Copiers, fax machines and scanners
- Clerical Tasks: Cash handling, filing, mailing, data entry
- Microsoft Word: Creating Documents including Fax/Memo templates
Counter Service Module
- Positive Customer Service: Cashiering, food handling & safety certification
- Workplace Problem Solving: How to prioritize duties, understand & implement protocol, conflict resolution
- Point of Sales Machine, counting change, cash handling
Additionally all modules include
- Computer Skills, Microsoft Windows, Touch Typing
- Internet Search Engines, E-mail, E-mail Etiquette & Attachments
- Business Grammar & Math
- Applications, Tax Forms, Budgeting Forms
- Resume, Cover Letters, References, Interviewing Practice