Customer service is at the core of any business
This class is ideal for those with no work experience or significant gaps in employment history and are seeking entry-level employment.
Quick Class Facts
- New classes start every month
- 3 months long. Monday – Friday 2pm – 5pm
- New classes start on the first Monday of each month. Contact us for specifics.
- Computer Skills Bootcamp is a pre-requisite
PRO graduates are suited to a wide variety of entry-level jobs such as customer service, administrative roles, and retail sales positions such as cashier, office clerk, receptionist, and telephone & customer service representative. More information about these careers are available by their Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) Codes; 43-6014, 43-4051, 43-9061, 41-2011, 35-3021, 43-5081, 41-4011, 41-4012.00, 43-9051.
In the COVID era, we have shifted to an entirely remote, instructor-led virtual classroom via Zoom/VTC. Students connect to CTP’s datacenter remote for all lab work which includes:
A Unique and Fun Curriculum
CTP has developed 3 fictitious businesses to provide students with the context to the skills they will be learning. These businesses, a health center, a convenience store, and a take-away food stop, allow students to role-play positions within these businesses and imagine themselves on-the-job and in at work instead of school.
- Receptionist & Phone Etiquette: Attitude in the workplace, professional communication, message taking
- Customer Service: Professionally managing customers and problem-solving; utilizing common resources in situations which call for troubleshooting
- Office Machines: Copiers, fax machines, and scanners
- Clerical Tasks: Cash handling, filing, mailing, data entry
- Document Creation: Google Docs, Sheets
- Google Slides: Students create & present original slideshows
- Positive Customer Service: Cashiering, food handling & safety certification
- Workplace Problem Solving: How to prioritize duties, understand & implement protocols, conflict resolution
- Online Ordering/Point of Sales. Practice taking orders via an electronic ordering system. Setting up and maintain a web store. Examining sales reports.