The First Step to a Computer Career
Quick Class Facts
- 5 weeks long
- Mon – Thurs 1:00 – 3:00
- Classes generally start the second Monday of each month
Computer Skills Bootcamp is a four week long evaluation tool and training program. Students of all skill levels can benefit from this course. Bootcamp is a semi-self paced class where students can proceed at the pace that is right for them. Daily one-on-one attention is given to every student to ensure they make the most of the course.
Graduates gain a better understanding of their strengths and weaknesses, as well as what they need to successfully gain employment.
- Windows 7
- Introduction to Microsoft Office 2010
- Google Apps including Gmail and Google Drive (i.e Docs)
- Introduction to Internet and Search
- Creation of draft resume
Bootcamp students also receive access to a catalog of hundreds of online classes from basic skills to advanced electives:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign etc)
- Computer Networking and System Administration
- Project Management
- Business Skills
An Introductory Computer Class
Computer Essentials is a great introductory class for beginners and who computer experience is years out of date (no or minimal computer skills). This class focused on the basic usage of the computer and can be a good to prepare a student for taking Computer Skills Bootcamp which is longer and more intensive.
- 2 weeks in long
- 5 days per week, 2 hours per day
- Classes generally start the third Monday of each month