Computer Lab Donations!
Do you know of a nonprofit organization in Alameda County that could benefit from a computer lab? Or do you know a nonprofit that already has a lab but needs a technology update?
The Computer Access for Nonprofits (CAN) grant program will be awarding 10 computer labs to nonprofit organizations in Alameda County. This project made possible (in part) by a grant from StopWaste.
This program has several goals:
- Benefit nonprofits that work with under-served populations
- Increase the reuse of computers
- Spread the word about responsible e-waste disposal
To Qualify For Consideration
- Be a nonprofit 501c3 organization
- Be located in Alameda County
- Have or plan on making a computer lab available to under-served population(s)
- Have a limited IT budget
- Be willing to provide information or education on ewaste recycling processes and compuer reuse
What Types of Equipment Can This Grant Supply?
Lab grants will be tailored to each organizations needs. This will typically include:
- Approximately 10 computers (Core i5 and Core2Duo CPU spec machines)
- Installed software includes Windows 10 Professional and Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Business installed
- Networking cabling and network switch to integrate systems into existing network
- Other equipment and peripherals depending on availability and need
How to Apply
Our application process is designed to be quick and easy. We want to hear from you! We will be reviewing applicants on a rolling basis and we may schedule a follow up call if your program meets the requirements of our application.Apply Now!